ZSE Group is a leading energy group in Slovakia. In 2002 it became a part of the German energy group E.ON. On 1st July 2007 ZSE established subsidiaries – for the operation of distribution system and for energy trading and sales. This split was based on the European Union Directive on common rules for the internal market in electricity that has been implemented into Slovak legislation by Act No. 656/2004 Coll. on energy.
ZSE Group’s non-current assets are mainly represented by distribution network valued at historical costs (while in individual financial statements of ZSD they were revalued at fair value at unbundling in 2007). Current assets comprise mainly trade receivables related to supply and distribution of electric energy and natural gas as well as provision of complex energetic products and services for customers.
Equity is represented mainly by share capital, legal reserve fund and retained earnings. Non-current liabilities are mainly related to the Euro Bond emission in 2013 in nominal value of EUR 630 million. Current liabilities comprise mainly trade payables related to supply and distribution of electric energy and natural gas as well as provision of complex energetic products and services for customers.
Main source of ZSE Group’s revenue and EBITDA is the revenue from provision of distribution services in Western Slovakia and revenue from supply of electric energy and natural gas. Majority of the revenue is regulated by Regulatory Office for Network Industries (RONI).
Key Figures of ZSE Group as of December 31
Key figures of ZSE Group (Západoslovenská energetika, a.s., Západoslovenská distribučná, a.s., ZSE Energia, a.s., ZSE Development, s.r.o., ZSE Energy Solutions, s.r.o., ZSE Business Services, s.r.o., ZSE MVE, s.r.o.):
|Non-current assets||771 167||737 785|
|Current assets||192 827||138 851|
|Total assets||963 994||876 301|
|Own equity||3 122||-39 035|
|Non-current liabilities||752 919||747 681|
|Current liabilities||207 953||167 655|
|Total equity and liabilities||963 994||876 301|
|Revenues||1 001 286||1 009 024|
|EBIT (Operating income)||145 707||139 355|
|EBITDA||194 497||186 386|
|Income||1 027 386||1 035 373|
|Costs||905 385||918 044|
|Profit before tax||122 001||117 329|
|Net profit||98 622||88 071|
|Total comprehensive income||99 726||88 477|
|Investments||68 843||81 227
|Average number of employees||1 793||1 767|
Financing strategy of ZSE Group reflects to meet criteria set by S&P rating agency in order to preserve the BBB+ stand-alone credit profile assigned, i.e. adjusted funds from operations (FFO) to debt.
Financial Leverage Policy
- The Company’s management and shareholders are committed to maintaining a strong investment grade credit rating and will manage the leverage in a manner consistent with this objective
- ZSE envisages that aside from the current bond financing no incremental debt will be required
- In future ZSE intends to remain free cash flow positive
- ZSE's shareholders will target a conservative dividend policy that supports the incremental growth for the Company while also retaining the target credit profile for a strong investment grade rating
- ZSE has a dividend policy which enables positive change of free cash flow
- ZSE will keep the flexibility in its dividend policy to offset any negative situations that might affect the cash flow generation capability or its credit profile
- The level of maintenance and expansionary investments required are expected to be funded from operating cash flows
- No significant transformational M&A anticipated
- ZSE's management will ensure sufficient access to liquidity in the form of cash and revolving credit facility to maintain a liquidity buffer for operational purposes including debt service requirements
- ZSE maintains a long-term committed credit facilities of €75.0 m to cover any working capital requirements and other operating requirements
- Central cash management at the Group level